Jerry Hunter led or was tied for the lead for 10 weeks.
But in the 11th and final week of The Leader's Pigskin Pickers competition, Terry Wall picked Memphis to beat South Florida and Denver to beat Kansas City.
Hunter picked the opposite, and that was the difference as Wall won the seven-man competition by two games.
Bobby Chapman finished third, three games out of first.
“I got a lot of comments about this,” said Wall. “A lot of people were asking me why I picked the teams I did.”
As the winner, Wall received $200 from The Leader to be donated to the booster club of his choice. A die-hard Charger fan, he will donate the money to the Covington High School football booster club.
Wall, the owner of Wall's Paint and Body, also won a free half-page ad in The Leader.
The plan is to make Pigskin Pickers an annual competition.
As the defending champ, Wall knows his competitors will be gunning for him next year.
“Everybody's after a winner,” he joked.
1. Terry Wall (Wall's Paint and Body) 80-30
2. Jerry Hunter (Homer Skelton Chrysler) 78-32
3. Bobby Chapman (BancorpSouth) 77-33
4. Marty McDivitt (McDivitt Motors) 76-34
5. Franky Markle (Country Chevrolet) 71-39
6. Richard Cramer (Homer Skelton Ford) 70-40
7. Larry Dean Silvey (Keller Williams Realty) 70-40