Welcome, Visitor!
Today is Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Cause of death released in house fire

Comment   Email   Print
Related Articles

Preliminary autopsy results show Covington father Wally Smith died of smoke inhalation, the Tipton County Sheriff's Office reported this week. 

Smith, 31, was found dead at his Morris Road residence on April 28 after neighbors reported smoke coming from the home early that morning. 

He was found by firefighters extinguishing the blaze, which reportedly began in the kitchen. 

Funeral services were held on Monday, May 5 at the Covington Funeral Home chapel with interment in Covington Memorial Gardens.

He is survived by his wife, Amy Smith; one son, Isaac Asher Smith; one daughter, Whitley Reagan Smith; one sister, Tonya Guy of Covington; his parents, Wallace and Rennie Smith of Burlison; grandmother, Phyllis Squires of St. John’s, Newfoundland; and his grandfather, William Lee Smith of Jacksonville, Fla. 

He was preceded in death by a sister, Trina Lynn Smith.

 
Tags: 
None
Share: 
Comment   Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software